A small boy was sent to bed by his father.
Five minutes later.... "Da-a-a=d...."
"I'm thirsty. Can you bring drink of water?"
"No. You had your chance. Lights out."
Five minutes later: "Da-a-a-a-a-d.....""
"I'm THIRSTY. Can I have a drink of water??"
"I told you NO!" If you ask again, I'll have to spank you!!"
Five minutes later."Da-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-d....."
"When you come in to spank me, can you bring a drink of water?"
This poor boy was craving water! His craving for water was so great that he was willing to take a spanking in order to get a drink!
Do you have that sort of craving for God's righteousness?
When Jesus equated our spiritual craving for His righteousness to our physical craving for water, He knew exactly how strong that comparison is!
It is the water in our body that determines the vitality, strength, and energy associated with daily living. Think about these facts associated with our body and water:
- The human body is ⅔ water.
- The body absorbs cold water faster than hot water.
- By the time you are 70-years-old, you will have required 1½ million gallons of water
- Studies show that increasing water consumption can decrease fat deposits. Water is a natural appetite suppressant.f you lose 2% of your body’s water supply, your energy will decrease by 20%.
- A 10% decrease in water, you will be unable to walk, and a 20% decrease – you’re dead
If you are to live under the approval of God and be satisfied by Him, you must crave His righteousness more than a starving man craves food and a dying man craves water.
Does that describe your craving for God?
Prayerfully search your heart for anything you might crave more than you crave His righteousness.